Our Roanoke Chiropractor Is Answering Your Questions About Sports Injuries
As a hometown chiropractor in Roanoke VA, Dr. Joshua Rhodes loves meeting and working with his athletic patients, and he's honored to offer natural pain relief, injury recovery, and injury prevention for his community.
What are common sports injuries treated by a chiropractor for athletes?
We see a bunch, but here are a few of the most common:
- Shin splints
- Plantar fasciitis
- Muscle strains and ligament sprains
- Medial or lateral epicondylitis
- Sciatica and nerve impingement syndromes
- Back pain
- Neck pain and whiplash
- Concussions and headaches
Athletes of any ability level (novice to elite) as well as athletes from any field (running, golf, hockey, football, etc.) are at risk for injury.
Can't I manage a sports injury on my own?
In the initial acute phase of an injury, rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE) can be an essential. However, even if symptoms of acute injury (such as redness, swelling, warmth, and pain) go away, you can't know for sure if the area isn't weakened or susceptible to re-injury unless you consult with a professional.
So, we recommend meeting with Dr. Rhodes to learn about what factors contributed to your injury and are putting you at risk for recurring problems.
How would chiropractic care in Roanoke help me recover from my sports injury?
Our team offers a variety of services to promote tissue healing, anti-inflammation, reduced swelling, pain relief, improved joint mobility, reduced scar tissue, increased strength, and improved endurance. Check out a few options:
- Chiropractic adjustments, including Graston technique and spinal decompression
- Corrective exercises
- Massage therapy
- Custom orthotics by Footlevelers
- Kinesiotaping by SpiderTech
These treatments are non-invasive and pharma-free, making them ideal for athletes who are wary of avoiding banned substances or excessive downtime. These services are also safe and effective for athletes of any age. We address both cause and effect of sports injury so you can heal more fully.
What can I do to prevent a sports injury?
When you come to Performance Healthcare for sports injury treatment in Roanoke, you'll learn about many ways you can maintain your health, reduce your risk of future injury, and optimize your physical performance, such as:
- Committing to proper warm-ups, include sports-specific movement patterns and evidence-based breathing exercises (Dr. Rhodes can teach you!)
- Undergoing a thorough postural analysis
- Addressing underlying postural imbalances, mobility restrictions, etc.
- Ensuring adequate hydration, nutrition, and stress management
- Scheduling a pre-season sports physical
Looking for Natural Pain Relief? Stop by our Chiropractic Clinic in Roanoke VA Today
Contact Performance Healthcare at (540) 524-2550 to schedule an appointment at our chiropractic clinic in Roanoke. Don't let your sports injury sideline you any longer!!